Monday, September 12, 2011

Waiting


I cut my left hand today. Not badly, but enough for it to bleed for what seemed like forever.  As I held a paper towel to the cut with my right hand I found I was rendered useless.  I couldn't do anything.  I paced around thinking of all the things I should be accomplishing while waiting for my cut to stop bleeding. Then it occurred to me to just STOP.

I sat down and started to think about waiting. How much of our lives are spent in that suspended state.  Waiting for a plane. Waiting for a phone call. Waiting for a check in the mail. On and on. Just waiting.

Waiting is exhausting.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Deborah. I don't know if you'll see this, but I'm Doris and I'm living in your old house. I just got what looks like some tax information for you (the return window says "MGM/UA"). Where would you like me to send it? I'm not sure how to tell you to reach me, because I'm hesitant to leave a public email address, but if you respond here, I'll try to check back. Otherwise, Google "Doris Egan" and go to my webpage -- there's an email link there.

    ReplyDelete